8/07/2011

...that I wonder sometimes about genetics.

Plainly: Is it possible to inherit traits, feelings, biases from your ancestors? I do not mean parents or living grandparents. I mean ancestors, like a bloodline. Does the actions of the Blackfoot Native American from 6 generations ago influence my thoughts today? Does the Dutch Admiral from 6 generations ago influence my feelings towards others? Does my German nobility from 12 generations ago influence my choices?

I knew nothing of these people until 3 years ago. Having no real guide on how to act or feel, I have acted off of instinct and intelligence since I was 16 years old. I have learned Tact and Creative Speaking from the Marine Corps and my time as a business man in a corporate setting. I have learned to not speak my very opinionated mind to those it may cause negativity upon.

I do this out of self-respect and respect for others feelings. As I get older I also realize that I must pick my battles and at all other times remain happy and positive.

Some things I think of other people though sickens me. Why do I look down on others for lacking self control and laziness?

There should be no reason, I truly feel everyone has the right to act and live the way they want! Why do I catch myself with these "gut" feelings? My gut says there ways are wrong and I, personally, should stay clear. So without causing them harm I tell my daughters my feelings through whispers and move on.

Do you think that genetics also store memories and ways of life? Can I re-write that code with feelings, intelligence, and thought?

That is interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment