6/17/2011

...126 years ago today the Statue of Liberty arrived in America.

I thought you would like to know that on June 17th, 1885 a group of Americans and French delivered the Statue of Liberty to America from France. After 126 years we are still the bearer of the torch of freedom and the guardians of liberty. I think it is easy for us to forget what we represent as a country to the rest of the world.

I want to remind everyone that liberty and justice for all should be engraved in everyone's hearts and minds. The times may have changed over the course of the last 236 years and the people have most definitely changed. Humanity progresses as it will, but liberty's importance should never wane. We have led the way for the rest of the world, shining our light of liberty, in the darkness, through thick and thin, for 236 years. I think our leaders should remember that they represent us, the people, of this great nation. I found a picture that reminds me of America.

This picture was found here.

I see the Statue of Liberty standing in front of a wall of industry, manned by hard working Americans. Loading and unloading boats at the docks of freedom. Those hard working Americans need protection and representation. The politician needs to ask themselves this question every time they vote on a bill. "Is this in the best interest of the hard working American, trying to achieve the American Dream?"

I am changing my Facebook profile photo today to represent Lady Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment